The three-day National Newspaper Festival 2017 with the theme of “Vietnamese press accompanies national renovation” wrapped up in Hanoi on March 19.
|President of the Vietnam Fatherland Front (VFF) Central Committee Nguyen Thien Nhan speaks at the event (Source: VNA)|
Addressing the closing ceremony, President of the Vietnam Fatherland Front (VFF) Central Committee Nguyen Thien Nhan highlighted the significance of the event as well as the strong development of the domestic press.
The event offered opportunities for journalists from across the country to meet and exchange experience while promoting dialogues among journalists, managers and readers, thus helping improve the role, position and prestige of the Vietnam Journalists’ Association (VJA), he said.
President Nhan also praised the joint efforts made by press agencies and journalists in the fight against corruption and wastefulness in line with the Resolution adopted at the 4th meeting of the 12th Party Central Committee.
Meanwhile, VJA Deputy Chairman Ho Quang Loi underlined creativeness of several participating press agencies, such as the interactive booth of the Vietnam Television, the on-site studio of the Voice of Vietnam, and the traffic safety contest launched by Bao Giao Thong (Traffic Newspaper), among others.
The event, the second version of its kind, drew 470 press agencies across the nation, showcasing 437 types of publications, nearly 100 television programmes screened during the traditional Tet (New Year) holiday, and over 250 articles on environmental issues in 2016.
The organising board gave several awards to participating agencies based on their exhibition space, covers of special editions, articles and TV/radio programmes.
The Vietnam News Agency (VNA) received the A prize for its outstanding exhibition space, while its online newspaper VietnamPlus also grabbed the A prize for its excellent article on environmental issues in 2016.
The event was jointly hosted by VJA, the Party Central Committee’s Commission for Popularisation and Education, the Ministry of Information and Communications, the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, the Ministry of Finance and the Hanoi People’s Committee.
- Provincial efforts fail to meet anti-corruption demand: Government inspectorate(19/03/2017)
- More effective measures needed to ensure traffic safety(18/03/2017)
- Agriculture ministry launches public services portal(18/03/2017)
- Contest of journalistic works on Vietnamese farmers pride lauched(15/03/2017)
- Provincial leaders presided over the implementation of compensation of Gia Thuan 1 industrial cluster(13/03/2017)
- Norway helps disabled people in Mekong Delta city(13/03/2017)
- International Mekong Delta agriculture festival opens(11/03/2017)
- Tien Giang is highly appreciated in the prevention humans, plants and animals diseases(11/03/2017)
- Measures against bird flu stepped up(09/03/2017)
- Criminal cases down in 2016(08/03/2017)
- Educating environmental protection via art activities(08/03/2017)